The SVARTPILEN 701 is powered by a modern 692.7 cc liquid cooled, single-cylinder engine that features the latest design and electronics technology. With a peak horsepower of 55 kW (75 hp) and 72 Nm of torque at 6750 rpm, there is no doubting this motorcycle´s performance potential. The electronic fuel injection is operated by a ride-by-wire system and delivers immediate, sharp and refined power, controlled by the standard traction control system. Featuring some of the latest technical solutions, such as a standard up & down easy shift, this engine delivers exceptional ride-ability. Produced using innovative production processes and the highest quality materials, premium reliability and efficiency is ensured. This quality also results in conveniently long 10,000 km service interval.
The lightweight trellis frame is constructed to ensure precise handling and deliver confidence in all conditions. By using high grade chromium molybdenum tubular steel, detailed feedback is transmitted to the rider through precisely engineered torsional rigidity and longitudinal flex. This guarantees advanced agility and stability, combined with perfect weight distribution and a tight turning circle – highly useful in urban environments.
The SVARTPILEN 701 is fitted with hydraulic BREMBO brake callipers, which are manufactured to the highest standards and, in combination with 320 mm front and 240 mm rear perforated steel discs, deliver controllable and confident braking performance. The SVARTPILEN 701 is also fitted with a state-of-the-art BOSCH ABS system, ensuring the highest level of safety in varying braking conditions.
The WP APEX suspension on the SVARTPILEN 701 is made to exacting standards, ensuring the highest level of quality and craftsmanship. The front features upside down 43 mm forks with a split damping function, while the rear features a monoshock, connected via a linkage to the swingarm. The high-quality components are adjustable for constantly changing urban environments.
- DISPLACEMENT: 692.7 cm³
- POWER IN KW: 55 kW
- DESIGN: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- BORE: 105 mm
- STROKE: 80 mm
- STARTER: Electric starter
- LUBRICATION: Forced oil lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- TRANSMISSION: 6-speed
- COOLING: Liquid cooled
- CLUTCH: APTC(TM) slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS, twin ignition
- FRAME DESIGN: Chromium-Molybdenum steel trellis frame, powder coated
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (FRONT): 150 mm
- SUSPENSION TRAVEL (REAR): 150 mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Brembo four-piston radial fixed calliper, brake disc
- REAR BRAKE: Brembo single-piston floating calliper, brake disc
- FRONT BRAKE DISC DIAMETER: 320 mm
- REAR BRAKE DISC DIAMETER: 240 mm
- ABS: Bosch 9M+
- CHAIN: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4″
- STEERING HEAD ANGLE: 65 °
- GROUND CLEARANCE: 164 mm
- SEAT HEIGHT: 835 mm
- TANK CAPACITY (APPROX.): 12 l
- WEIGHT WITHOUT FUEL: 161 kg